- Perform bookkeeping, accounting, and inventory functions for business units across the company, including Parts & Service and Big Picture Graphics.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and accruals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and P&L variance analysis for multiple business units.
- Perform monthly variance analyses.
- Manage fixed assets for multiple business units.
- Manage Concur users, approvals and prepare Concur journal entries.
- Assist with weekly and monthly bank reports.
- Assist with 12-week cash flow projections.
- Yearly reviews of Accounting staff and ongoing coaching of Accounting staff.
- Update and create SOP’s.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all financial transactions in accordance to GAAP.
- Participate in preparation of monthly financial packages and other monthly reports.
- Perform all assigned month end tasks within the month end close schedule.
- Make monthly credit card transaction entries and reconcile to statement.
- Enter daily banking transactions into general ledger and reconcile to bank postings.
- Prepare supporting schedules in monthly financial packages.
- Review and close Service and Parts repairs orders daily.
- Assist with AP processing of checks.
- Conduct collections efforts for both Parts & Service and Big Picture Graphics.
- Resolve Accounts Payable discrepancies, including investigating and problem solving.
- Participate in yearly budget preparations.
- Prepare Parts and Service monthly bonus calculation.
- Support yearly and quarterly bank and financial audit preparation and answer auditors’ questions when needed.
- Cross train and back up all bookkeeper’s job duties when needed.
- Prepare Actual to Budget monthly reports for departments and business units.
- Responsible for process documentation and flow charts for accounting procedures.
Other Duties: As assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Bookkeepers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; working towards CPA or CMA a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience.
- Previous dealership experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Basic mathematics skills and accounting aptitude.
- Experience in a variety of accounting software packages.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal/internal communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a solid work ethic and exhibits professional and acceptable behaviors at all times.
- Is self-motivated, organized and success driven and is capable of being self-motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrated analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce and team environment.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment.
- Overtime required during periods of tight deadlines.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day.
- May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files on occasion. Proper lifting techniques required.
- May include occasional walking up and down stairs.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office, accounting, System2000 DMS, and information retrieval software applications.
- Mouse and keyboard.
- Telephone headset (occasionally).
- Facsimile (occasionally).
- Copy machine with scanner and printer.
- Ten-key or other advanced calculator.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Additionally, Davey Coach Sales, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Davey is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex/gender, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations
Please email your resume or interest to email@example.com. Or you can mail your resume to 7182 Reynolds Dr, Sedalia, CO. 80135.