Mobile Service Technician
Davey Coach Sales is the leader in van and bus sales in Colorado and across the country. We have an immediate opening for a self-directed, motivated Mobile Service Technician in our ever growing office. You will be responsible for responsible for diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical damage of vehicles, and then performing light to heavy maintenance and service work on the vehicles. This position will travel to all areas of the state of Colorado, following a schedule dispatched by the Service Manager. Additional responsibilities include ensuring quality work while safely completely timely maintenance to our customers. We offer outstanding pay potential and competitive benefits.
Your Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze, diagnose, and evaluate damaged vehicles to determine repair or service needs and potential replacement of parts.
- Identify any opportunity to upsell to the customer; addressing DOT inspections where necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance of shop vehicles.
- Responsible for assisting other Technicians on the diagnosis of difficult or abnormal repairs or services.
- Accurately estimate costs for repairs, maintenance and service required.
- Perform advanced, basic and minor repairs as required – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, engine and transmission, fuel ignition, electrical, suspension and alignment, restraints and airbags, wheelchair lifts, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Inspects and tests all mechanical repairs to meet manufacturers’ specifications. Road test vehicles when required.
- Maintain regular communication with the dispatcher to ensure all requests for appointments are handled.
- Communicate with production team to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
You will need to have:
- High School diploma/GED required. Auto mechanic vocational graduate required.
- 2+ years of automobile or automotive mechanical/electrical diagnosis, problem solving and repair experience in related industry required
- ASE certification required; including electrical and A/C certifications.
- Experience diagnosing problems – mechanical, repairing, rebuilding and overhauling mechanical, electrical, electronic and/or hydraulic systems in a wide variety of automotive vehicles.
- 1+ year of experience in welding.
- Knowledge using manufacturers’ service and repair manuals.
- Advanced computer skills, with demonstrated ability to use email, various software systems, Microsoft products, and diagnostic scanners.
- Excellent customer service skills; must be courteous, responsive, proactive, and have good listening skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills. Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work well under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing in the English language
- High degree of productivity and skill in troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Ability to accept responsibility for assigned tasks and complete them on schedule
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
We offer a great benefit package including:
- Paid Time Off – starting at 8 days per year
- 401K with 4% company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and more…..
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The ability to drive a vehicle regularly and frequently throughout the workday is a primary function of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Working conditions are those of a normal a fast-paced, high volume automotive service environment. Mainly working on the road at customer locations or other remote settings.
- Working conditions also include driving in various road conditions, including changing weather conditions, early morning and into the night.
- Requires weekend and/or evening work.
- Requires frequent travel by truck to work sites, and occasional overnight travel.
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes; and regularly working outdoors.
- Mid-to-high level stress.
- Constant evaluation and adjustment of priorities.
- The noise level in the work environment(s) is usually moderate.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office applications.
- Copy machine with scanner.
- Fax machine.
- Wireless mouse.
- Wireless microphone.
- Mobile Technician Truck.
- Diagnostic computer, welder, other automotive service related equipment.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Additionally, Davey Coach Sales, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Davey is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex/gender, religion, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Davey encourages applicants of all ages.